HOLMEWOOD CRICKET CLUB
The cricket club has been in existence since 1922, the majority of years before and just after the second world war being named as Hardwick Colliery Cricket Club. In 1956 the club was reconstituted and from its inception until 1979 the club played on the Holmewood Miners Welfare Social Club ground based at Williamthorpe Pit Lane. In 1979 the Derbyshire County Council purchased the ground from the Welfare and since that date the club has played at the local authority owned recreational ground in the centre of the village.
From 1956 the club played in the Chesterfield and North Derbyshire Cricket League, from 1964 the club was in the Bassetlaw and District Cricket League before moving to the Derbyshire Cricket League in 2008.
The club runs two adult teams on Saturdays who compete in the Derbyshire County Cricket League Divisions 4 North and 9 North., and a midweek team in the Chesterfield and District Cricket League. We run evening coaching sessions on Wednesdays (6.00pm) were we hope to increase the numbers attending.
We are a very but small friendly club and welcome any new members that are interested in playing the game of cricket.